A.R.F. Pet ID:15680401 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Border Collie / Australian Shepherd / Mixed (medium coat), Australian Shepherd
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? No
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Dundee is a 2 year old male Border Collie or Australian Shepherd and/or Husky mix who is a medium to large sized dog, weighing in at 53 pounds.
Dundee strongly prefers the company of people over dogs and is very affectionate and devoted to his people.
Dundee’s biggest problem is becoming hyper aroused/over stimulated when leashed, barking and lunging at bicyclists/kids/other dogs. He would do best with a fenced in yard, or on a larger piece of property where one would not need to rely upon leash walking for exercise. He is very well behaved inside the yard and does not bark at neighboring dogs. Dundee is also incredibly calm and well behaved around adults inside the house. He loves riding in the car, is very trustworthy, and does not tear up things. Dundee is a herder and chases squirrels and birds. He has a fairly strong prey drive, which is not helpful around small animals. He is intelligent and would likely enjoy participating in agility activities. Dundee is rather nervous around active young children and would do best in an adult-only/older children (over 12) home. He would benefit from positive reinforcement training.
Dundee is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Dundee's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Dundee fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Dundee
- Coat length: Medium
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
- Foster: RK
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!