A.R.F. Pet ID:15675633
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Coonhound (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Jafar is a 5 year old male Coonhound who currently weighs in underweight at 45 pounds. Here is what he would like you to know:
My name is Jafar but I go by Jeff for short. I am super chill and always looking for affection. I only bark for two reasons.. to wake you up around 7:30 to take me out for my morning walk and when I'm feeling antsy and want to be let out of my crate. I like meeting new dog friends but sometimes I get too close and get a negative reaction and then I bark back. So maybe three reasons for barking. I am super friendly to people and love snuggling up as close to you as possible. I love taking naps so just give me a comfy space on a rug or couch and I'm happy. I have been a stray for a few months before I was rescued, so I am pretty food motivated. Don't worry, I won't beg when I see you enjoying your meal. I am looking for a family that will love me and feed me and I will repay you with affection and loyalty.
Jafar is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Jafar's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Jafar fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Jafar
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: IX
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!