A.R.F. Pet ID:15670209 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Labrador Retriever / Hound / Mixed (short coat), Hound
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Large
- Housetrained: Yes
Meet Ashley Sheba
Ashley Sheba is a 2 year old Lab/Cur/Hound mix who weighs in at 48 pounds. Here is what she would like you to know:
My name is Ashley Sheba, I love being outside - even in a light rain. I have learned some commands such as sit and stay, but if I spot or smell rabbits and squirrels, I am chasing them. My foster family thinks I act mostly like a hound. I am working on walking nice, but I’m frequently sniffing and pulling. I don’t play with balls or sticks but will fetch and retrieve a rope with knots and play some tug of war. I arrived with two of my 1 year old puppies, who have since been adopted. I have not caused any problems in the house but I started out undisciplined putting my nose and paws on counters, tables, and the stove. I have been learning how to be a lady in the house. I sleep in a large crate and don’t even need to go potty when I wake up. I lay in the crate during the day, but at night I would rather not be alone and don’t really want to go in then. When I’m outside, I have lots of energy and like to run. Will you run with me?
I would like to meet other dogs, but have not had the opportunity. I often bark at them while wagging my tail.
Ashley is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Ashley's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Ashley fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Ashley Sheba
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: AL
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!