A.R.F. Pet ID:15638678
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Hound / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Kids? No
My name's Malik (Mah-leek'). I'm an adorable 2-ish year old hound mix with a very houndy bay and an amazing sniffer! I weigh in at about 35 pounds. I'm quite a snuggler and love to play fetch. It takes me a bit to warm up to dogs but, now that I trust him, my friend Sam the Mastiff is my pal. We run and wrestle and cuddle whenever we're together. As great as I am, I do have some requirements for my new home. I am fearful of men so I wouldn't mind a female-only home. Children also frighten me and, though they find me adorable and irresistible, you and I cannot let them near me. Cats? Nope. Cat-free, please. And I'd love a fenced yard to explore daily. Yes, I'm so special and so loveable! I'm completely house trained and only chew on my own stuff. I love to be a lap dog and I'm looking for the perfect lap. Is it yours?
Malik is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Malik's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Malik fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Malik
- Coat length: Short
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Owner experience required: Species
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!