A.R.F. Pet ID:15636445 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Irish Wolfhound / Mixed
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? No
- Good with Kids? No
Meet Sammie Bob
Sammie Bob is a 4 year
old male Wire haired Wolfhound mix
in at 70 pounds
. He is initially timid around new people and was likely new to being in a home when he arrived with ARF! Sammie bonds strongly to his human, and may need time to bond with others in a multiple human household. Therefore, Sammie is looking for a home without children and would do best in a home with just one human, or if there are two humans, that they are both equally available and committed to give him attention to help him bond with both people.
He has a ton of energy and would do best with a large fenced in back yard! He LOVES to run around. Sammie is very lovable and smart so he is learning very quickly. He pulls a little on the leash but is doing better every day. He hasn’t had any accidents inside! Once comfortable, he is great at taking naps in his dog bed. Sammie is very sweet and goofy, and loves to be pet and get attention. He is looking for a home without cats, and would prefer to be the only dog. He needs a lot of love and support but he will do great once he gets used to being in a loving home!
Sammie Bob is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Sammie Bob's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Sammie Bob fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Sammie Bob
- Foster: APe
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!