A.R.F. Pet ID:15597725 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Medium Hair / Calico (medium coat), Calico
- Age: Baby (born on 4/18/2020)
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: No
- Housetrained: Yes
Khiva is a very sweet and goofy 11-week-old kitten. She (and her siblings) have Cerebellar Hypoplasia, which means the part of the brain that controls motor function didn’t develop properly. This can happen when mom is exposed to a virus while pregnant, but isn’t a progressive disease; in fact, it may appear that CH kittens get “better” with age and practice. Khiva has a moderate/severe form of CH, and has little control over her back legs. She doesn’t let that stop her, though--she keeps up with her siblings while pouncing and playing, and will crawl into your lap for a snuggle afterwards. Khiva loves under-the-chin scratches and being held like a baby.
Her foster family has taken to calling her a drunk pirate—besides her CH giving her a bit of a wobble, she has a soul patch beard and an ‘eye’ patch of black fur over one eye.
She is a fearless kitten who would make a great addition to any family up for the challenge of a special needs pet. She needs no special medical care due to her condition, but may need an adapted litter box/food bowls in order to use these independently.
Khiva is not yet spayed. Our vet has recommended that she be spayed closer to 6 months old after she has a chance to grow and develop a little more. ARF will cover the cost of this surgery when she is brought back to our vet for this procedure.
She is microchipped and up to date on her vaccines. With your adoption you will receive a certificate for a free exam with one of our veterinary partners. Khiva may not be declawed.
Khiva's adoption fee is $150. If you are interested in meeting Khiva, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Khiva
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Calico or Dilute Calico
- Coat length: Medium
- Declawed: No
- Foster: DB
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!