A.R.F. Pet ID:15346832 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Miniature Schnauzer (medium coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Mickey Mouse
Mickey Mouse is a gorgeous adult 7-8 year old male purebred Miniature Schnauzer. He was used for breeding in a puppy mill setting. He just arrived at ARF and has been staying in his foster home with other dogs. He gets along with the other dogs but clearly has not spent time around people. He is learning the routine of food and water readily available and being able to go outside to go to the bathroom. But, he is scared and not used to being handled. Every day he is making good progress in letting people in and trusting the new home situation. Mickey Mouse will be vet checked, neutered, and up to date on shots. He will make a good companion once he is more comfortable in a home setting and learns to trust people.
Mickey Mouse is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Mickey Mouse's adoption fee is $350. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Mickey Mouse fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Mickey Mouse
- Coat length: Medium
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!