A.R.F. Pet ID:15340479 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Miniature Schnauzer (medium coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: No
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Daffy is a 5 to 6 year old miniature black schnauzer weighing 12 pounds. She has had a few litters of puppies and is now hoping to find her perfect forever home where she can learn the joys of being a pet. Daffy’s perfect family would be one that is up for the challenge and has patience to let Daffy slowly experience and get comfortable with love and attention. Daffy lived with several canine housemates and would love it if her new home had a canine friend. She has super soft and silky fur. Daffy does not currently like to be picked up or pet, however, when held in a tight embrace her tension slowly fades. She is cautious and gets startled by quick movements. She likes to be hand fed chicken which has been a good bonding time. She is not housebroken but is crate trained. So, having a set routine will be very important for her housebreaking success. She does appear to use piddle pads. She likes to be around people not separated or penned off. She is learning to walk on a leash and gets a chance to practice each day. This sweetie just needs someone to take a chance on her and give her the opportunity to love in a loving home.
Daffy is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Daffy's adoption fee is $350. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Daffy fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Daffy
- Color: Black
- Coat length: Medium
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!