A.R.F. Pet ID:15102407
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Is it quiet where you live? Are you looking for a companion and some conversation? Look no further! This lovely girl is Haukea and she loves to chat with her humans. Haukea, whose name means white snow in Hawaiian, is about 1.5 years old, is spayed and up to date on all her vaccines. Haukea came to ARF when she was VERY pregnant. She had her babies in foster care and was an exceptional mama to our apple litter. Her babies are grown and ready for homes of their own and so is she. Haukea seems to be ok with other cats – but like all cats will need a proper introduction period in a new home with existing animals.
Haukea isn’t much for lap sitting – but she loves to be petted and will come and sit by you for attention. Haukea came to us from a kill shelter so we don’t know much about her background. What we do know is that she is very playful and friendly. She enjoys looking out the window and chasing spring toys around. She’s also a champ with her scratching post! She’s not much for being held, but she is learning to sit nicely while her nails are being trimmed. Haukea should NOT BE DECLAWED. Please do not apply if you want to declaw.
Haukea is currently in a foster home and will be making appearances at our adoption events. You can check out fb.com/Kittenville.il where her foster mom has documented her time in foster care along with her babies.
Haukea is a 1.5 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Haukea's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting Haukea, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Haukea
- Color: Black and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: SO
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!