A.R.F. Pet ID:14999347 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Russian Blue / Mixed (short coat), Russian Blue
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
This lovely girl is Luna. She was originally name Kalea when she was a mama cat with ARF 3 years ago. She was adopted with her baby Astaire after she saved his life and his adopters decided to keep her. She has had a great life with her family, but tragically, her mom passed away earlier this year and her dad is overwhelmed trying to care for all their animals. Luna LOVED her human mom – and she really only tolerated her human dad. She would curl around her human mom and sleep with her – she is such a love of a cat. Luna craves human attention, but may do better in a home with a female owner (although she does great with her foster dad). Luna lived in a home with quite a few other cats, so she will probably do better as an only cat or with one other male cat in the home. She is a feisty and frisky girl so older children would be better.
Luna is such a sweet and affectionate lady! She will cuddle up with her foster family and will climb in their laps for pets. She does very well with nail trims and should NOT BE DECLAWED. Please do not apply if you want to declaw. She craves attention and after the loss of her mom, it’s been hard for her to get any one-on-one attention. She is currently in a foster home and will be making appearances at our adoption events.
Luna is a 4.5 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Luna's adoption fee is $110. If you are interested in meeting Luna, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Luna
- Color: Gray
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!