A.R.F. Pet ID:14993704 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Husky / Pomeranian / Mixed (medium coat), Pomeranian
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Oh, Monet. This beauty is a 6 month old Pomsky, (Pomeranian Husky). He weighs 34 pounds. He is slowly coming out of his shell. Now that we have had Monet for a couple of weeks, we know more about him. He prefers women to men and being with another dog gives him more confidence. This morning I was greeted with an affectionate bundle of wiggling dog, trying to get to my face to give kisses and get all the loving he could. He is sooo wanting to be loved. He has that wonderful range of vocals Huskies demonstrate. He is house trained now. He loves his crate and takes all of his toys, especially his bones, there to keep them safe and close by. He has done well with our 11 year old son, giving him sweet little kisses on the hand when he walks past. He may find younger children a little overwhelming. He is playful outside the house and quiet inside, but he is starting to play more indoors as well.
This pup is micro-chipped and up to date on all vaccinations, house trained and neutered. The new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing. The pup's adoption fee is $300. Please note ARF does not approve applications for any puppy under 6 months of age to families that live outside of Illinois and/or beyond 100 miles of Wheaton or Glen Ellyn, IL. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting this pup fill out an online application today! http://arf-il.org/application.html Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting. ARF is an all volunteer organization. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved. Thank you for your patience!
More Info About Monet
- Coat length: Medium
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!