Dixie (with Dusty)
A.R.F. Pet ID:14855778 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Shih Tzu (long coat)
- Age: Senior
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Dixie (with Dusty)
Hi! We are Dixie and Dusty! We are a bonded pair that must be adopted together. Both had recent dental work done. They are looking for a home for the holidays!
Dixie, a 10 year old black and white shih tzu, is outgoing and protective of her brother. She also loves belly rubs! While not symptomatic, pre-dental bloodwork showed that Dixie is in stage 1 of kidney disease and will need to be on kidney dog food for the rest of her life.
Dusty, a 12 year old gray and white shih tzu, is shy and reserved.
They are both calm, quiet, and housebroken. They outlived their former owner so are looking for their next and final forever home. Are you their new person? They would do best in an all-adult home. Think of them like elderly grandparents - they like kids in small doses but are content just laying on the couch, watching TV.
Dusty and Dixie are micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and spayed/neutered.
The adoption fee for each dog is $125, or $250 for the bonded pair. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Dixie and Dusty fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Dixie (with Dusty)
- Coat length: Long
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!