A.R.F. Pet ID:14820872
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
In the words of one of our volunteers, Hoosier has never met a lap she didn't want to sit in! Every time our volunteers come in to the Wheaton PetSmart Cat Center, she leaps into their arms and demands to be held and cuddled.
She was on death row at a shelter in Southern Illinois. There was a plea with her picture: "Don't forget about me! If you tag me now, it will save my life until next week when I can come to you." How could we resist? So Hoosier is now an ARF cat. She is a sweet girl who had a home at some point in her life as she is very well mannered and seeks out attention. She is not too sure about other cats yet, but does not fight. This beautiful girl is looking for a home to call her own, is it yours?
Hoosier is a 2 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
More Info About Hoosier
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: White (Mostly)
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Location: PetSmart - Wheaton
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!