A.R.F. Pet ID:14555894
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Chihuahua / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Johnny Cash
Hello, everybody…my name is Johnny…Johnny Cash! I am 1 ½ years old and not exactly the “man in black,” but I do have the cutest little black muzzle and the softest ears ever! I’ve also been told that I have all the desirable qualities of a big, fun dog, yet I’m only 13 pounds of adorable, portable pooch!
I’m so smart, my fosters said they’re going to sign me up for guitar lessons, too…well, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch…but I DO know sit, fetch and can catch a fly ball like a seasoned agility dog. I make my foster family smile and laugh every day! And I enjoy my morning walks and chasing around the yard with their small dogs as much as I like cuddling once play-time is over. I’m old enough to be out of that darned puppy stage, yet still young enough to have fun! I’m so versatile, I can be your football-watching partner AND your jogging buddy…all the while being your loyal, best friend! I am potty-trained, like to sleep in bed with my peeps and have full run of fosters’ house along with their dogs all day and night. I’d also love a playful doggie brother or sister, but I’ll fit right in with any family looking for a super fun son!
So, if you’ve been looking for a happy, all-around good boy in a fun-sized package, then “walk the line” straight over to ARF’s next adoption event and meet me, “A Boy named Sue”...er, I mean Johnny Cash!
Cash is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Cash's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Cash fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Johnny Cash
- Coat length: Short
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!