A.R.F. Pet ID:14361258
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Long Hair (long coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? No
Do you want a cuddly cat that you can pick up all the time to pet and cuddle? If not, meet Starbug. He hates all those things! Starbug is the perfect cat for you if you want a gorgeous cat who will follow you around but not allow you to touch his luxurious fur. He might let you pet him if you're sitting on the toilet though! For some reason that's the only time he allows his foster parents to pet him...
Starbug will greet you at the door when you come home from work. He will also rub on your legs when you are preparing his wet food. Starbug LOVES wet food! He also loves people food and treats and will take both gently from your fingers. Starbug also LOVES other cats and needs to go to a home with other cat friends. He has 2 girlfriends at his foster home and would love to go home with one (or both) of them - Frankenstein (his first love and the cat who he came in to ARF with) and Mrs. Norris.
He also loves the resident cats and all the other foster cats he's been introduced to. Starbug will sleep in bed with you as long as you don't notice he's there. Starbug needs a special family who will give him the space and encouragement he needs to feel confident in his new home.
Starbug is a 1 year old male (as of 11/17/19) who is micro-chipped, neutered, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained. Starbug will not be attending adoption events, as he finds them stressful.
Starbug's adoption fee is $110. If you are interested in meeting Starbug , please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Starbug
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange
- Coat length: Long
- Declawed: No
- Foster: KW
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!