Vila *NEW VIDEO!!*
A.R.F. Pet ID:14066615
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Chocolate Labrador Retriever / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: High
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Kids? Yes
Meet Vila *NEW VIDEO!!*
Vila is a 1-year old, 40 lb. housebroken female chocolate lab mix. She is a super smart, sweet dog who knows how to sit on command, fetch, and more! And you just can’t help but love those airplane ears and that looong neck! She appears to be mixed with giraffe. If you want a friend who is always ready to play fetch and go for a walk, you’ve found her! Vila needs daily exercise and needs a minimum 5’ physical fence to contain her enthusiasm. No apartments unless you will take a run with her every day. She is very toy motivated and driven. So training her as a sport dog may be just what you’re both looking for. Think dock diving, agility, fly ball, or disc. She would be amazing at anything she could jump at - she can jump really high! Though she loves children, due to her exuberant nature, any children in her new home must be 8 or older. (See her video of how great she is with a 9-yr. old!) Vila is not comfortable with other dogs and will only be placed in a home where she will be the only pet. No cats, please. This fun, active, loving, affectionate young dog will make a great companion!
Vila is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing. Vila's adoption fee is $300.
A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Vila fill out an online application today! http://arf-il.org/application.html Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Vila *NEW VIDEO!!*
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Current size (lbs): 40.0
- Color: Brown/Chocolate
- Coat length: Short
- Shedding amount: Moderate
- Ear type: Natural/Uncropped
- Eye color: Copper
- Tail type: Long
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: High
- Activity level: Highly Active
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
- Obedience training: Requires Obedience Training
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!