Vila *NEW 1/12/20 VIDEO*
A.R.F. Pet ID:14066615
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Labrador Retriever / Chocolate Labrador Retriever / Mixed (short coat), Chocolate Labrador Retriever
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: High
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? No
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Vila *NEW 1/12/20 VIDEO*
"Wheeeeen will Iiiiiii be looooved?!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmJg7PpAqxg). "Thanks Everley Brothers! You get me! I've waited sooooo long for a loving family of my own! I thought I had one when I was a puppy but the older dog in the house bullied me and made me afraid of other dogs. 🙁 So my family sent me back to look for a new family almost a year ago! I'm really such a good, loving little girl! Honest! <*sigh*> Look at these new 1/12/20 videos of me being athletic and adorable!" ... https://youtu.be/AS1fGD7n-C4 Me catching fly balls! and... https://youtu.be/SxDFyRK9wcM Me talking!
Vila is always overlooked! Is it her beautiful sharp golden eyes!? Vila is a 1-2 year old, 45 lb. housebroken, crate trained, FABULOUS female chocolate lab/probably terrier mix who loves people, and loves to meet new people. She is a super smart, sweet dog who knows how to sit on command, fetch, catch balls on the fly, and more! And you just can’t help but love those airplane ears and that looong giraffe neck! And she loves to lay on your lap at night to watch TV with you. Vila's always ready to play fetch and go for a walk if you are, and needs daily exercise and a minimum 5’ physical fence to contain her enthusiasm. (No apartments) She is very tennis ball motivated and always has 1 or 2 in her mouth or nearby. She has a heart that's even bigger than her ball-drive! She loves children but, due to her exuberant nature, any children in her forever home must be 8 or older. (See her video of how great she is with a 9-yr. old!) Because of her background, Vila is not comfortable with other dogs and will only be placed in a home where she will happily be the only pet. This girl is a wonderful companion dog and has been waiting a very long time for someone to give her a chance to show all that she will give. Please don't make Vila wait any longer. Apply to meet her right away!
Vila is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken, crate-trained and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing. Vila's adoption fee is $300.
A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Vila fill out an online application today! https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Vila *NEW 1/12/20 VIDEO*
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Current size (lbs): 40.0
- Color: Brown/Chocolate
- Coat length: Short
- Shedding amount: Moderate
- Ear type: Natural/Uncropped
- Eye color: Copper
- Tail type: Long
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: High
- Activity level: Highly Active
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
- Likes to vocalize: Some
- Obedience training: Requires Obedience Training
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!