A.R.F. Pet ID:12505131 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Female, spayed, about 1 year old (as of January 2018), microchipped, up to date on vaccinations, currently in a foster home, adoption fee $110.
My name is Aly. I am about 1 ½ - 2 years old. I came from Marion where I lived in a cage for 6 months before coming to my foster home. I am a very happy kitty, sweet and gentle. I get along well with the other cats in my foster home but would do ok in a home without other pets too.
Because I love to be around people I would love to be in a home with someone around much of the time. I like to play but I am gentle about that too. I could be a good companion to an older cat that doesn’t want to be bothered. Although I am not a lap cat yet I sleep on the bed every night and follow around from room to room. I like to join you in the bathroom to watch the water drip and drink out of the faucet.
I came from Marion with my BFF Anna. We are not a bonded pair but have a lot of fun together. There is special pricing if we are adopted together. Anna is also on this website http://www.arf-il.org/available_cats.html
I am spayed, up to date on vaccines, and ready to get settled into my forever home. You can see me at Pet Smart or visit me in my foster home where I am more comfortable and friendly. After 6 months in a cage it is hard to return even for a few hours. I would love to go home with you.
If you are interested in meeting Aly, you can fill out an online adoption application at http://www.arf-il.org/application.html Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting with the cat. Filling out the application does not obligate you in any way. (JF)
More Info About Aly
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: JF
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!