A.R.F. Pet ID:18716058 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult (born on 11/9/2019)
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: Low
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Are you looking for the perfect cat? Of course you are! Please let A.R.F. introduce you to Opal! Opal was sent to the shelter after her previous family lost everything in a house fire. The family was devastated to lose her, but had no other options. After just two days in the shelter environment, she gave birth to 7 kittens. She was a wonderful mom, raising all 7 babies in the shelter. Eventually, all of her kittens found their forever homes, and Opal waited in an animal control shelter downstate for 6 months without any interest before being rescued by A.R.F.
This sweet girl is more than ready to find her forever home. She is so sweet, and loves to cuddle and sit in your lap, but is also playful (this is why she's the perfect cat!) She will twirl around your legs for attention, loves to play with her wand toys, and volunteers report that she loves to play "soccer" with bouncy ball toys. She LOVES cat trees and couches, and will sit and watch birds and the outside worlds for hours. Come evening, though, she's ready to cuddle with you and watch TV! Opal would definitely be happiest as the only cat in the house - she loves having all of the attention! Opal really just wants to be that special someone to her special someone! Could you be her new best friend? Apply to be Opal's special someone today!
Opal is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations,
and litter box trained.
Opal's adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting Opal, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Opal
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Current size (lbs): 7.0
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Grooming needs: Low
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: Low
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Exercise needs: Low
- Likes to vocalize: Some
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: DL
- Location: PetSmart - Wheaton
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!