A.R.F. Pet ID:18441415 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Dilute Calico / Domestic Medium Hair (medium coat), Domestic Medium Hair
- Age: Baby (born on 4/25/2022)
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Meet Sea Star
Sea Star is a super soft, super friendly girl. She's everything you'd want in a kitten. She loves every toy she's ever played with. Her siblings like to play a game where one of them runs around dragging a shoelace and the others chase them. Her ideal family would have plenty of access to shoelaces! She really loves all toys and can play endlessly. Balls that make noise, mice and wand toys are her favorites.
When playtime is over, she loves to climb high up in her cat tree and gaze out the window as she falls asleep in the cutest cuddle puddle with her sister, Seashell. She also really loves a nice warm lap to curl up in while you pet and maybe even brush her. She can't get enough of either one. She loves attention and enjoys being held.
As you can see from her pics, Sea Star has a bit of cloudiness in her right eye. Testing was done and it ended up just being scar tissue from a previous illness or injury. No medication is necessary and she doesn't seem to even notice it at all. It may even fade over time.
Sea Star would love to find a home with her favorite sister, Seashell. They really enjoy each other's company and make a great pair. Already have a furry friend at home for her? That's great, too! She has met many other foster cats and has done very well with them. While she hasn't met any dogs yet, most kittens adjust well to them and given the proper introduction, she would probably do just fine. Sea Star does well with kids of all ages and would make a great addition to any family.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Sea Star would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Sea Star is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Sea Star's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting Sea Star, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Sea Star
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Calico or Dilute Calico
- Coat length: Medium
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: DiHu
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!