A.R.F. Pet ID:18138087 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Pit Bull Terrier / Pointer / Mixed (short coat), Pointer
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Tess is a 7 month old spayed female Pittie/Pointer mix. Tess is a curious girl. She is eager to explore and please her human. We guess she is part pointer, because she has the pointer’s signature focus and find behavior when searching for toys and points at (tail straight out) small birds and animals in the yard. Tess prefers to be the only dog in the house, and children should be over 8 years old. Tess is energetic and would do best in a home where she has a large, fenced yard or with an owner committed to daily long walks/runs. At the end of the day, she loves to snuggle up and will quickly roll over for some belly rubs.
Tess is fully crate trained, but is still working on house-training.
Tess is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Tess's adoption fee is $400. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Tess fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Tess
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: BW
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!