A.R.F. Pet ID:16787483 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Mountain Cur / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Hello friends, my name is Petey! I am a one-year-old male Mountain Cur Mix who weighs approximately 28 pounds. I current reside with my twin brother Bert. I am pretty well behaved in the house; no aggression from me! I am also quieter and calmer than Bert. However, as the shyest of my sibling trio, I am wary of unfamiliar dogs, kids, and people and need several days (or more) to warm up. Although I eventually love people and dogs, I need time to make sure they are safe and will initially back away or run. Don’t be put off, just give me time and I will reward you with my wagging tail, cute wiggly body, and follow you all around your house. Having another pet buddy at home will help me feel safer.
I prefer a fenced yard to play in but also walk very well on a secure harness/leash. I love playing and cuddling with Bert in case you’re looking for a nice pair of dogs!
Petey is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housetrained and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Petey's adoption fee is $350. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting this pup fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Petey
- Coat length: Short
- Reaction to new people: Cautious
- Foster: RK
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!