A.R.F. Pet ID:16493046 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
This beautiful young lady is Haumea. She came to us when the sending shelter thought she was pregnant but it turns out she was not. She’s now been spayed and is ready for her own home. She tells us she would prefer a home where there are older kids and people who know about cats.
Haumea is a lovely classic orange tabby girl. Girl cats who are orange are not very common – only about 20% of orange cats are female. Haumea is super playful and very affectionate. She like to play with her toys and chase them around the room. She likes to jump up and grab a feather toy also. She’s lovely with people and really enjoys being the center of attention and pets. When she's done playing she enjoys snuggling with her human and making biscuits.
Haumea is microchipped, spayed and up to date on her vaccines. With your adoption you will receive a certificate for a free exam with one of our veterinary partners. Haumea sits very well to have her nails trimmed. Haumea may not be declawed.
You can check out facebook.com/Kittenville.il where her foster mom has documented her time in foster care.
Haumea is a 2 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Haumea's adoption fee is $110. If you are interested in meeting Haumea, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Haumea
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: SO
- Location: PetSmart - Darien
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!