Chester (NO MORE APPLICATIONS)
A.R.F. Pet ID:15491602 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Beagle / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Chester (NO MORE APPLICATIONS)
***NO MORE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED***
Chester is a 1.5-2 year old Beagle mix who weighs in at approximately 19 pounds. Chester is a cute little guy. He is a bit fearful of loud noises and quick movements, and keeps track of his foster mom's whereabouts at all times. He seems to like mean as he gets along well his foster mom's adult sons. Chester will likely do better with children who are older and quieter. He likes to go outside and walks well on the leash. He does great meeting other dogs too! He does, however, have a very good hunting nose and will pull when on a scent. He would probably love a fenced yard to explore, however, is currently fostered without a fence. He is a work in progress concerning housebreaking, and has made improvements while in his foster home - he is doing well on a consistent schedule. Chester does well in the car. He is a handsome boy with huge potential to live happily in a forever home!
Chester is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Chester's adoption fee is $350. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Chester fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Chester (NO MORE APPLICATIONS)
- Coat length: Short
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!