A.R.F. Pet ID:14905804
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? No
- Good with Kids? No
Meet Sir Spam-a-lot
Male, spayed, about 5 years old (as of 9/2019), microchipped, up to date on vaccinations, currently in a foster home, will not be making appearances at ARF Adoption Events
for times and locations), adoption fee $110.
Sir Spam-a-Lot came to us originally as a kitten. After 4 years with his family, he was surrendered back to ARF. He came back to us extremely scared and defensive. So much so that he wouldn't let anyone near him. After a trip to the cat spa, Sir Spam-a-lot's foster parents worked hard with him to gain his trust. Spam (as he is affectionately referred to) doesn't like new surroundings or situations. But after some time and lots of bribes with treats and tasty food Spam is now a fond member of the household. He runs the sunroom and will jump on his foster dads chest as soon as he lays down to watch TV. Spam is very talkative and loves it when you hold a conversation with him. He will gladly tell you that he wants attention and that you aren't petting him enough.
Even though Spam shows a lot of affection to his foster parents, he is still uncomfortable around cats and dogs. Whereas he won't approach or provoke the other cats in the home, he prefers that they leave him alone. If someone comes too close he will vocalize his displeasure at their proximity. Because of this and his anxiety in new situations, it is best that Spam be adopted into a home with no other pets, no young children, and someone with experience with cats. His new family needs to be able to understand what he is telling them and earn his trust.
Because of Spam's anxiety in new situations, he does not go to events. His foster parents would be excited though to arrange a visit with Spam.
More Info About Sir Spam-a-lot
- Color: Orange
- Coat length: Short
- Owner experience required: Species
- Foster: NP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!