Leinani (with Kelina)
A.R.F. Pet ID:14686975
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Meet Leinani (with Kelina)
We are pleased to introduce you to Leinani and Kelina, a pair of sisters who are looking for a forever home together. Leinani’s name means gorgeous child (pronounced (LAY-nah-nee) and Kelina’s name means moon goddess in Hawaiian.
Leinani is the more white looking lady – it almost looks like she has a line down her face! She is also the more affectionate of the pair. She enjoys being picked up and held and will sit on her foster mom’s lap and hang out.
These are super special girls. They can often be found hugging and grooming each other. They are very close to each other and need to find a forever home that has room for both girls.
Life was not easy for these girls before they came into foster care. Leinani gave birth to her one and only litter of kittens outside in a shed, where she had to be ever-vigilant watching for predators and hunting for food. But that is behind her now. Kelina and Leinani will only know the indoor life from now on where they will be pampered and allowed to live a carefree life.
They are both super playful and fun cats. They love to play with toys and climb cat trees. They enjoy looking out the window at all the activity outside. They do great with having their nails trimmed and should NOT be declawed.
The girls are up to date on all their vaccines. They are microchipped and spayed and ready to go. The combined adoption fee for both is $190. This fee also includes an exam with one of our veterinary partners post-adoption.
These sisters currently reside in the Wheaton Petsmart. You are welcome to stop by and see them and if a volunteer is there, you can go in and meet them!
More Info About Leinani (with Kelina)
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Black and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Location: PetSmart - Wheaton
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!