A.R.F. Pet ID:18691810 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 8/3/2022)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
If there was an award for snuggliest kitten ever, Beckett would win it, hands down! This handsome kitty loves people and wants to be where the action is. He is both cuddly and playful, the best of both worlds! He loves any toy he can get his paws on....springs, balls, mice, wand toys....you name it, he wants to play with it. He also loves spending his days chasing his fellow fosters around their room. He is a very social kitten and thrives on interactions with both his people and his furry friends.
Beckett had an extremely rough start to life. He was found near Joliet with a degloved tail, meaning that the skin and fur on most of his tail had been completely ripped off. We're not sure if he was attacked, or what exactly happened, but he was in desperate need of help and had to be in incredible pain. The day after he arrived at ARF, he was rushed into emergency surgery to amputate much of his tail. Now he's left with a cute little nub of a tail that he wags quite often. Now that his pain is gone, he is such a happy, loving kitten.
Despite his terrible start, Beckett is such a friendly kitty and is an amazing snuggle buddy. He loves to be held like a baby so that he can get some really good chin and belly rubs as he drifts off to sleep after a long day of playing. He enjoys a furry cuddle puddle as well as a nice warm lap to curl up in. He will make a great couch companion as you binge watch your favorite shows together. He really wants nothing more than to be held and snuggled, constantly. He can't wait to find someone that loves to cuddle as much as he does.
He has immediately gotten along with all of the new kitties he's met and would LOVE a home with a furry friend. He hasn't had any exposure to dogs, but given his laid back nature, he would probably adjust just fine. He does very well with kids of all ages and would make an amazing addition to any loving home.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Beckett would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Beckett is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed/neutered, and litter box trained.
Beckett's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting Beckett, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Beckett
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Black and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!